What are Orange Supporters?
Volunteers who provide support for a wide variety of the HIP’s projects and events are called Orange Supporters. (The name of the supporters came from the color of the jackets that the HIP staff members wear at events.)
The HIP believes that by holding a wide range of events, we can provide opportunities for people in diverse generations with various skills and passion to get together, which will make our projects even more fun and significant.
We would like to ask you to join us as Orange Supporters and engage in volunteer activities for our projects and events.
Not all the activities as Orange Supporters require proficiency in a foreign language. Please do not hesitate to contact us and register.
Interpretation and Translation Supporters
Please Use Your Language Proficiency for the HIP
We are recruiting people who can interpret or translate at Japanese cultural experience programs and other events.
For foreign people living in Japan, the language barrier is a big problem. To overcome this barrier, we hope that you will demonstrate your language proficiency for the HIP.
We would like to ask for your support, for example, in the following:
- - Interpretation at Japanese cultural experience programs (classes of traditional Japanese tea ceremony, traditional Japanese flower arrangement, and Japanese calligraphy, as well as Japanese kimono wearing experience programs, etc.)
- - Interpretation at other events (bus tours, Japanese sake festival, etc.)
Explaining the excellence
of Itsukushima Shrine
for a Miyajima Island
There are many other activities in which we would like to ask you to interpret or translate. For details, please click here.
We believe that if you join, you will surely have fun together with event participants. Please demonstrate for the HIP your language proficiency that you have accumulated so far!
Please Share Your Recommendations!
Introducing a supermarket
Could you answer plain questions or meet simple requests from trainees from foreign countries and foreign residents in Japan?
Please go shopping or sightseeing together with such people and share your recommendations regarding souvenirs, tasty dishes, restaurants, etc.
Spending time together with them, please enjoy chatting and have fun!
Why not use a foreign language to communicate with people from various countries in a casual atmosphere?
Please Cooperate to Make Events Even More Exciting!
Cooperation for interpretation and translation is not all that we need. Could you join us as staff members to help prepare for events or participate in events to make them even more exciting?
We would like to involve as many people as possible so that they will feel familiar with the HIP. In addition, we hope that the experience at the HIP will help people feel closer to the world!
We would like to ask for your cooperation, for example, in the following:
- Event planning and preparation, and venue equipment arrangement
- Event operation support
- Participation in local events together with trainees from foreign countries
Please help us to make events even more exciting!
At the parade of Higashi-Hiroshima Japanese sake festival!
Supporting the booth of “World Play”
Share Your Pastime to Interact with Trainees from Foreign Countries!
Share the Pleasure of Your Pastime with People All over the World!
Why not share the pleasure of your pastime, such as singing, dancing, playing musical instruments, painting, taking photographs, and playing sports, with trainees from foreign countries?
If you sing or dance together with trainees in a cheerful atmosphere or display your works to the trainees, you may get further motivated to do your daily practice, or your creative interests may be further stimulated.
■Events in the Lobby
- Venue: HIP Lobby
- Time Required: Approximately 1 hour (Wednesday, 19:30 – 20:30)
- E.g.: Performances of Japanese drumming, Japanese folk songs, and tamasudare
- Venue: Restaurant RACCOLTO
- Time Required: Approximately 30 minutes (Wednesday 18:30 – 19:00)
- E.g.: Performances of jazz, traditional Japanese music, and singing while playing piano
■Exhibitions in the Lobby
- Venue: HIP Lobby
- Time Required: At least one week (negotiable)
- E.g.: Exhibitions introducing various aspects of Japanese and world cultures, such as traditional Japanese flower arrangement, photography, and origami, as well as a Brazilian photographic exhibition
■Interaction through Sports
- Venue: HIP gymnasium, athletic field and tennis court
- Condition: Held in the case that some trainees wish to participate in the relevant interaction event. For details, please contact the Information Center.
- E.g.: Basketball, table tennis, and badminton
Mini concert at the restaurant
(by an a cappella group from Hiroshima University)
Performance of traditional Japanese musical instruments in the lobby
(Let’s play samisen and koto!)
Demonstration of an old Japanese martial art in the lobby
(If you can demonstrate a technique well, you will surely feel good!)
Inquiries: Training Section, Training Department, Hiroshima International Center
TEL: 082-421-5900 FAX: 082-421-5751